When your baby turns 1, it’s a great time to capture them on camera. They might be crawling or even walking by now and you could get those first wobbly steps for the photo album. It’s also a lovely way to mark the end of your first year together and to see how far you have come.
I threw a birthday party at home with friends and family which Kacey enjoyed (so much so that he skipped both of his usual naps!) But a week before his birthday, I scheduled a photo shoot with myself, Daddy and Kacey.
Kacey in his suit
It took me quite a while to find the perfect place to do the Cake Smash in London, there are a lot of places that do this now. But when I saw the photos from Bumps & Bows, I knew this was it!
We were greeted by the photographer, Lola who began with photos of us together, as a family and then some of Kacey alone with a lot of balloons!
Then the cake came out, a beautifully iced, blue, ombre cake with rainbow layers inside. Kacey was cautious at first but we got some beautiful photos of our boy.
This has been the most amazing year. Kacey is now 15 months old, a confident and independent toddler. I couldn’t be more proud and so lucky to be his Mama.
If anybody else has Cake Smash questions or photos, please share them in the comments!
Hello and welcome to my blog!
Just a few things about me before I get started on my rambling journey of blogging…
- My name is Kira
- Born in London, still live here and love it!
- Been a Makeup Artist since 2007 so that’s 8 years this year. I love my job but have been working a bit less as..
- I have a 1 year old son, Kacey. He keeps me very busy but also very happy, he’s a delight!
- Have been meaning to start a blog for ages but I always find an excuse not to…
- I had a blog a few years ago but deleted it in it’s entirety for reasons of embarrassment
- I enjoy baking, reading, doodling, photographing, sewing and I’m learning to crochet
- I am also brushing up on my French skills as well as learning some Spanish and Japanese
Kacey & Mama
So that’s a little bit about me and hopefully you’ll get to know some more as I post some more blogs. This will be a completely new learning process for me so I expect to get things wrong but hopefully have fun while doing it!
If anybody has any questions or just wants to say hi… Please do!
Thanks and hope you find my blog interesting