It was Father’s Day on Sunday here in the UK. It was also our 2nd Father’s Day with Kacey. Last year I gave his Dad a framed photograph of them both and a key ring with Kacey’s date of birth engraved on it. This year I wanted to make something myself. Kacey also did some lovely mark-making on a piece of card with “Happy Father’s Day” printed across the top.
I made a silhouette of Kacey using a photograph I already had that was taken from the side of Kacey. I printed it out and cut out around his head and shoulders, stuck this down on a blank canvas and painted over it using blue poster paint. When I removed the printed photograph there was a negative space left in the shape of Kacey’s head.
Papa Kacey seemed pleased with his gifts and we all enjoyed a burger at a place near us called ‘Bun & Bar’.
Happy Father’s Day to all the father’s out there and here’s to many more!
Hello and welcome to my blog!
Just a few things about me before I get started on my rambling journey of blogging…
- My name is Kira
- Born in London, still live here and love it!
- Been a Makeup Artist since 2007 so that’s 8 years this year. I love my job but have been working a bit less as..
- I have a 1 year old son, Kacey. He keeps me very busy but also very happy, he’s a delight!
- Have been meaning to start a blog for ages but I always find an excuse not to…
- I had a blog a few years ago but deleted it in it’s entirety for reasons of embarrassment
- I enjoy baking, reading, doodling, photographing, sewing and I’m learning to crochet
- I am also brushing up on my French skills as well as learning some Spanish and Japanese
Kacey & Mama
So that’s a little bit about me and hopefully you’ll get to know some more as I post some more blogs. This will be a completely new learning process for me so I expect to get things wrong but hopefully have fun while doing it!
If anybody has any questions or just wants to say hi… Please do!
Thanks and hope you find my blog interesting